YES! They ARE twins and YES we DO have our hands full. Thank you for noticing!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

To Be a Princess...

 As I was uploading pictures from my camera, I noticed a common theme. I'm sure it is really no different than most girls her age, but WOW Alayna really likes to play dress-up and Lucas appears to be slightly interested too. He will love these pictures some day I'm sure. If you could ask my mom she would say that ever since I had Alayna, I have been sort of against this whole "princess" theme. Somewhere, probably on daytime television, I heard of this idea that more and more pre-teen and teen girls have this attitude that they are entitled to anything and everything they want, like they are "princesses". The idea was that we are just feeding into this their whole lives and then suddenly they think they are princesses. I know it sounds crazy... but maybe a little true?? So here I am almost four years later with a house half full of princess paraphernalia, thinking that it's just a phase, and fighting the urge to remind her that she is not a REAL princess because, well quite frankly she is. She's our princess. As for Lucas...I will not hesitate to tell him he is NOT a princess.


Miss Kendall- who has more princess garb than the average peasant

Alayna exploring cousin Hannah's princess dress-up collection

Alexis- on her way to royalty
 
Miss Hannah- Queen and wardrobe director for the princess Alexis and Alayna
Cinderella plays Kinect

2 comments:

  1. I agree, but I'm sure in a few years we will set them straight...you don't want to be a princess, the Queen has all the power :) I know I'm feeding into this obsession, but I want them to look back at their childhood and think they had it all...even if it was only a few dresses from Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the princess stuff... Can't help myself! I love that Liv love to dress up too! Jack is more than will to wear a tutu and play along, so Lucas is in good company :)

    Jaycie

    ReplyDelete